An oldie but a goodie! This is a classic recipe I have shared on Instagram in the past, but I wanted it to be here to stay.
PECAN BANANA BREAD
You will need:
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 200g Oat Flour (Blend up oats in a food processor)
- 60g of Vanilla Whey from Wheybox (optional)
- 2 Teaspoon Maca Powder (optional – but adds caramel flavour)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Mixed spice
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar (Brown sugar/ coconut sugar etc)
- 50ml Milk ( Plant milk or dairy)
- 50g Chopped Pecans
- 2 Large Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 100g Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Add the dry ingredients (except the pecans) to a bowl and thoroughly combine with a wooden spoon.
- Chop the banana into small slices and add to the bowl, along with the 2 eggs, Coconut oil and Milk and beat together with an electric whisk. You may want to add a splash of extra milk to get a good batter.
- Chop 50g of the pecans and then gently stir into the batter.
- Line a loaf tin, and pour the batter in. Then carefully add the pecans on top for decoration.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 20 minutes. Check with a knife or tooth pick in the middle of the cake if the cake is cooked (they should come out clean). If necessary, cook for a further few minutes.
If you do give this recipe a go, then please tag me on Instagram @tallyrye as I love seeing your recreations. Happy Baking!
N.B: If you’re vegan, you can definitely use an egg substitute, there are plenty of alternatives shared by vegan bloggers. And if you’re using a plant based protein you will need to add more milk to the batter so it doesn’t come out to try.